– There is no fee to enter. So what are you waiting for?
– We recommend you cook 3 to 5 gallons of chili.
– Tables are limited and we have no more than one per team. We recommend you bring your own if you have them.
– Judging will be 50% by the public and 50% by celebrity judges.
– Trophies will be given to the winners. Is your chili good enough to win?
– Be on site no later than 12:30 and be prepared to serve at 3:00
– You may arrive as early as 9:00am.
– Check in at the event tent when you arrive to get space assignment.
– Spots are assigned on a first come first serve basis.
– Electricity is not available. Got a turkey fryer?
– We’ll supply the tasting bowls and spoons.
– The organizers will sell tickets that will be redeemed for chili.
– Teams may NOT give out chili without collecting a ticket.
– Teams giving out chili without collecting a ticket are subject to disqualification.
– We don’t know how many folks will attend. We’re expecting a few hundred.
– Trophy presentation is scheduled for 5:15pm.
– Got a question that isn’t answered here? Call or write to Willie Springz (below).
To register call or write.
Event Manager: Willie Springz
The event manager is Willie Springz.
The competition is governed under the rules of the Willow Springs Park Culinary Guild Standards Guide (copies not available). Discrepancies, rules issues, infractions and any other issues whatsoever fall under the sole jurisdiction of the Cook Off Officials. The decision of the Cook Off Officials will be final. No cry babies.
Cook Off Officials are Pablo Bieber, Rock Reid and Smooty.
Pro Football Hall of Famer Chris Doleman
TV and Movie Actress Ashley LeConte Campbell
Stylist, Producer, Cookbook Author, Style Guru Not yet Confirmed
The cook off and this web site have no affiliation with the Willow Springs HOA.
We ain’t them.